—FEED YOUR BRAIN—
SOLshine Photo Nutrition™
THE BALANCED 'SPECTRAL' DIET™
Enlightened HealthSpan & Longevity
All of the blood in your body circulates thru the eyes every two hours.
Light entering the eyes is absorbed by the blood cells producing a cascade of beneficial events and is called . . . "blood" photobiomodulation.
Light converts to "photocurrent" and ignites metabolism & synchronizes circadian rhythms that control appetite, energy, mood, sleep, libido and so much more.
experience HealthSpan & Longevity "Photo Nutrition" from the Original Full-Spectrum Light Pioneers —1987
“We have finally learned that light is a nutrient much like food, and like food, the wrong kind can make us ill and the right kind helps keep us well.” —Dr. John Ott
HEALTH AND LIGHT — 3,000,000+ sold
We now spend more than 90% of our time indoors.
“We are all light deficient and this deficiency may be the source of our physical and emotional problems.” — Dr. John Ott
—Light Activated HealthSpan
As the full-spectrum light pioneers (Ott Light Systems, 1987-98), we introduced full-spectrum SAD lights —the #1 choice of medical professionals and health seekers alike.
Now as a non-profit, we're delighted to introduce our 2-mode protocol next-gen Nutritional Light Therapy.
Reduce Your Risk of Mal-illumination
May We Enlighten You?
A person's healthspan is the length of time that the person is healthy—not just alive.
According to The World Center for Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine there are 10 key body systems that age.
1. Endocrine system, responsible for the hormonal response
2. Immune system, which mounts the body's response to infectious invaders
3. Metabolic system, involving age-related physiology changes
4. Cardiovascular system, involving the heart and arteries
5. Gastrointestinal system, affecting absorption of nutrients from food
6. Reproductive system, including menopause (in women) and andropause (in men)
7. Nervous system, responsible for the body's muscular response to stimuli
8. Brain function, including memory and cognition
9. Muscular system, involving strength and function
10. Sensory system, including the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing
Light entering the eyes controls the body's key systems.
Of all the health therapies today, ironically one "new therapy" is in fact the oldest therapy known on Earth.
Every morning starts a new day and each new day starts with —LIGHT..
"Matter is Energy, Energy is Light
We are all Light Beings"
Light is the "electrical" voltage of the brain & nervous system.
Light converts to "photo-current" in the body and ignites metabolism.
“We can now say emphatically that the function of our entire metabolism is dependent on light.”
— Dr. Fritz Albert Popp
Nutritional Light Technology stimulates the body to heal itself and helps to maintain homeostasis.
Radiant Energy for More Vitality
A study published in the Journal of Environmental Psychology investigated daylight exposure and its relation with vitality in everyday settings on an hour-to-hour basis.
The amount of light experienced was significantly related to vitality.
Persons who were exposed to more light experienced more vitality.
Boost Immunity for More Antibodies
Georgetown University researchers found that sunlight energizes T-cells that play a central role in human immunity.
Prime Retinal Cells for Repair & Regeneration
Produce Subcellular & Circulatory Melatonin
Catalyze Production of ATP (cellular fuel)
. . . and so much more
A recent study revealed beneficial effects of "bright light" exposure for burnout and stress.
The core symptom of burnout syndrome is emotional exhaustion, which leads to impaired functioning on the job. During workdays, we use and deplete mental resources. Accumulation of effort spent throughout the workday might result in increased feelings of sleepiness, lack of energy, psychological stress, and burnout.
..Forty-two percent of U.S. women and 35% of U.S. men said they feel burned out often or almost always in 2021, according to a recent McKinsey & Co. report.
Importantly, burnout is not a medical diagnosis or a mental health condition—instead, the World Health Organization classifies it as an “occupational phenomenon.” But studies show that it can overlap with physical and mental health issues, including depression, insomnia, gastrointestinal problems and headaches. It can even be a predictor of chronic diseases including heart disease and type 2 diabetes, research shows.
Any person, in any profession, can experience burnout. Currently, people are reporting it in droves.
Studies have shown that bright light exposure to higher illuminance levels can result in increased feelings of alertness, better performance and reduce burnout and mental exhaustion, however...
Darkness Induced Drinking
— LIGHT REGULATES BRAIN CHEMISTRY
The Department of Experimental Pharmacology at the Southwest Foundation for Research and Education in San Antonio, Texas, subjected laboratory rats to various types of stress in an attempt to induce them to drink alcohol.
The rats clearly preferred plain water except on weekends when they went on real alcoholic binges. This was perplexing at first but it was noted that the automatic time switch on the lights was out of order and the rats were being left in continuous darkness over weekends.
Light as Medicine
SUNLIGHT: Optimize Health and Immunity
Medicine Explained Clearly By World-Class Instructors
Mitochondria have specific sensitivities to long light wavelengths. Longer wavelengths from red to "invisible" near infrared (NIR) spanning 650 to 900nm improve mitochondrial performance.
More cellular energy (ATP)
Lower inflammation (ROS)
Improved blood flow (Nitric Oxide)
Mitochondria are organelles that play a critical role in energy production and metabolism, as well as other cellular functions, such as calcium homeostasis, apoptosis and reactive oxygen species (ROS) signaling.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction has been implicated in the pathogenesis of numerous age-related diseases, including neurodegenerative disorders, metabolic syndrome, cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Mitochondrial decline with age is characterized by a decrease in both the number and function of mitochondria, resulting in reduced ATP production and increased ROS generation, which can lead to oxidative stress and damage to cellular components.
The thing about mitochondrial degradation is that it affects all of the body – that’s what aging is, everything is affected.
SOLshine Photo Nutrition™ is loaded with red & a broad band of NIR... unlike any other therapeutic light source.
Two Forms of Melatonin
Melatonin and sunlight are intimately linked and the relationship is unique in the fact that there are two melatonin forms, circulatory and subcellular. Both appear to be controlled by either the absence of sunlight or the presence of sunlight.
- While circulatory melatonin may be the ‘hormone of darkness’ associated primarily with sleep, subcellular melatonin may be the ‘hormone of daylight’ that acts as an antioxidant reservoir in the mitochandria,
- This subcellular melatonin does not necessarily fluctuate with our circadian clock or release into the circulation system, but instead has been proposed to be consumed locally in response to the free radical density within each cell.
- The main point is that subcellular melatonin is being produced in response to near-infrared light photons which make up the majority of natural sunlight (excerpted: Melatonin and the Optics of the Human Body).
SOLshine Photo Nutrition™ is loaded with red & a broad band of NIR... unlike any other light therapy.
No statement or opinion expressed on this website has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. No product offered for sale on this website has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All content within this website is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech laws. The information herein is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Always consult your own licensed medical practitioner if you are in any way concerned about your health.