Safest SAD Light
THINK EYE HEALTH
“LED light exposure that is not balanced with full (spectrum) sunlight loaded with the red parts of the spectrum is always damaging to your biology.”
— Alexander Wunsch, MD, PhD, Photobiology Expert
Fluorescent bulbs, tubes & SAD light boxes do NOT include sufficient red and lack essential near infrared light (NIR) that's absolutely necessary to mitigate retinal inflamation.
Associated NIR & Red Research:
- Retinal damage induced by commercial LEDs
- CREE: Eye Safety with LED Components
- Reduced Retinal Inflamation
- Recharging mitochondria
- NIR increases ATP
SOLshine is the fullest-spectrum nutritional light source that includes 'visible & invisible' light wavelengths akin to natural sunlight. SOLshine emits “balanced” full-spectrum light (FSL) based on an innovative formula unlike any other SAD light or FSL.
SOLshine Photo-Nutrition builds on the technology of the father of FSL tech, Dr. John Ott. SOLshine intrinsically improves the spectral quality and biological benefits by increasing the CRI (color rendering index) of R9 red to 97 CRI (average), adding a “99” CRI R15, a trace amount of ultraviolet light and five (5) different wavelengths of essential near-infrared light (NIR).
CRI R15 is a very important metric because many light sources will be lacking in red content, but this fact will be hidden due to the averaging out of CRI calculations which do not include R15.
- NIR and red light helps reduce the risk of retinal-inflammation by priming the cells in the retina for "repair & regeneration."
- NIR is critical to the production of ATP, the fuel cells need for metabolism and all vital functions.
- NIR is essential for the production of "subcellular" (mitochondria) as well as "circulatory" (pineal gland) melatonin.
- NIR is especially beneficial at night to prepare for sleep and a “must” when using computers and other electronic screens.