Common full-spectrum light bulbs, SAD lights & LEDs do not emit essential near infrared light (NIR) ... Introducing "uncommon" light.
"We have finally learned that light is a nutrient much like food, and like food, the wrong kind can make us ill and the right kind can help keep us well." — Dr. John Ott
HEALTH AND LIGHT — 3,000,000+ copies sold
"Fullest" Spectrum Light
SOLshine Photo Nutrition builds on the technology of the father of FSL tech, Dr. John Ott. SOLshine intrinsically improves the spectral quality and biological benefits by increasing the CRI (color rendering index) of R9 red to 97 CRI (average), adding a “99” CRI R15, a trace amount of ultraviolet light and five (5) different wavelengths of essential near-infrared light (NIR).
CRI R9 is a very important metric because many light sources will be lacking in red content, but this fact will be hidden due to the averaging out of CRI calculations which do not include R9.
“LED light exposure that is not balanced with full (spectrum) sunlight loaded with the red parts of the spectrum is always damaging to your biology.” — Dr. Alexander Wunsch MD, PhD, Photobiology Expert
- NIR and red light helps reduce the risk of retinal-inflammation by priming the cells in the retina for "repair & regeneration."
- NIR is critical to the production of ATP, the fuel cells need for metabolism and all vital functions.
- NIR is essential for the production of "subcellular" (mitochondria) as well as "circulatory" (pineal gland) melatonin.
- NIR is especially beneficial at night to prepare for sleep and a “must” when using computers and other electronic screens.
"One third of the energy your body consumes comes from the food you eat. The vast majority of the energy your body needs to maintain systemic equilibrium comes from environmental infrared light exposure." — Dr. Alexander Wunsch MD, PhD
Nutritional Light Technology™
- 98 CRI (average R1- R15)
- 5700 Kelvin (average)
- Broad band near Infrared (NIR)
- Trace ultra violet (UV)
Uncommon SOLshine Purple LED vs Common Blue LEDSOLshine utilizes leading-edge ‘purple’ LED tech vs. potentially hazardous blue LED technology for our visible spectrum LEDs as seen below.
98 CRI (color rendering index) average
“We are all light deficient and this deficiency may be the source of our physical and emotional problems.”